The Ritz Hotel California
Located on a cliff overlooking the bay, The Ritz-Carlton Half Moon Bay is incredibly beautiful. Apart from stunning views, the immediate area offers a variety of outdoor activities, like surfing, swimming, and hiking. Although not much else is within walking distance, plenty of wining and dining options are just a short drive away in downtown Half Moon Bay.
Situated on the Peninsula in the Bay Area, Half Moon Bay is a quaint, rural seaside town about half an hour south of San Francisco. It is the oldest settlement in San Mateo County, and dates back to the early 1800s. Lacking a decent public transit system (like much of California), a rental car will probably come in handy when visiting this area. Nearly all of the popular beaches are directly off of Highway 1 (the Pacific Coast Highway). Although the hotel is lacking in the food and drink scene, a few restaurants and bars can be found nearby - notably Sam's Chowder House and, of course, local wineries.
- 40-minute drive to San Francisco International Airport
- 2-minute walk to the beach
- 10-minute drive to downtown Half Moon Bay
- 15-minute drive to Half Moon Bay Brewing Company
- 25-minute drive to Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve
- 45-minute drive to popular corporate areas in Silicon Valley (Facebook, Google)
How far is the Ritz Carlton hotel from the stregis monarch beach hotel in Dana Point California
It is less than 1 mile. The Ritz is on the sand but the St. Regis is a bit inland.